Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mid-Week Dinner: Chop 'n Dop met Sous Boontjies

Boet, this ones for you: I'll bet you miss the true "Souf Efriken" braai now that you are in the land of Kiwis! I am told you are coming back to SA for a while in January... I trust we will get together and rekindle some old memories!

Well, last night I got home and sparked up the old Weber (yeah, yeah - that's not the true SA way! I know). Damn, you spotted that. I did a quick pork chop, some lamb & a few toasties. Whip out the old favourites: Beetroot Salad and 'Sous Boontjies) and you have a great midweek dinner... No mess, no fuss!

This week has once more been a burr of business and I have not had the opportunity to blog. Just to fill you in: On Monday, I made my famous Rosemary infused Tomato Bredie (stew) served on a bed of Basmati rice. On Tuesday, I oven baked Pork Schnitzels and served them on mash, with a side order of petit pois peas.

Definition of 'petit pois' - Very small green peas (as simple as that...)

I will post these recipes at a later stage.

Tonight is Boy's Night again... I missed last week as I was pooped after our dinner party on the Wednesday. I managed to get out of working tonight - one of my guys have agreed to work for me. Andrew, affectionately know as "girlpants" is a lifesaver! I need this midweek break... Thanks buddy!

No comments: