Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cooking with Gas!

Today, I took the plunge and finally bought my gas hob. For the past few months, I have been cooking on a portable gas burner (usually used for camping). Before that, I cooked on my non-gas Ariston hob.

I did a little shopping around this morning and finally ended up at Tafelberg Furnishers in Durban Road, Bellville. I was assisted by a very knowledgeable salesman named Christopher. I had trouble deciding between the Defy and the Eurogas and eventually went with the Defy DHG113 (R3119).

Then, off to Blue Flame Gas and Hardware Distributors on Voortrekker Road. After a quick phone call to my handyman friend Keith, I walked out with a 9kg gas cylinder, 2m of hose, 2 clamps and a regulator (R528).

It took me about an hour and a half to install my new kit and it is wonderful! I can't wait to cook something!

So... after reading this, you are ALL going to pop out and upgrade to gas, right? Well, I realise that not all of you are as handy as I am (LMAO) so here's where I plug my buddy's handyman business. Keith is brilliant at everything he does and his rates don't break the bank! I have used him for roofing, waterproofing and installing my electric gate motor. I am very impressed - you too will be!

Keith Arntsen
0834616533

No comments: